Tuesday, August 17, 2010

While visiting all the LDS sites in Utah, we went to the Humanitarian Center. Basically the headquarters for all the church's humanitarian efforts.

I love being a doula. I love helping woman birth their babies the way they want.

I also really do want to become a midwife. I want to deliver those babies in areas that so desperately need adequate care and aren't getting it.

My husband loves teaching english to speakers of other languages and I know he would be in his prime.

I want to be home while my kids are young. I want to raise them in the gospel teaching them how to function and live in the real world.

My perfect plan:
have my babies, when they go to school- study to be a midwife, go around the world helping woman to have babies -- homeschool kids? wait til they are grown? ... but I want to be kind of around my grandbabies.... only time will tell what will happen. Being here I really feel called to do humanitarian work. In the meantime- my tithing will have to do.

And just so you know -- I want to always keep my DONA certification and my nys dental hygiene license active.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazimg woman, mom and DOULA!
    I am so proud of you!
    You will make all your dreams comes true!

    ReplyDelete