Wednesday, May 26, 2010

my third birth

Welcomed doula baby girl Sophia on 5.26.10

Mom was a trooper for sure. Day 4 of induction and no baby. This was after being in the hospital 8weeks since her membranes ruptured.

This was my first c-section experience since my own.
This was a true emergency.

Baby's heart rate plummeted to 60bpm and was not coming up. Mom was freeking out while Drs were trying to get heartrate monitors on the baby's head and getting her prepped to go. I leaned in close- stroked her head and said it was going to be ok, hang in there, you're doing great, take deep breaths, they are taking good care of you, and you'll see your baby soon.

There must have been 10 Drs/ Nurses in there. Mom was rushed out on hands and knees to the OR.

I was mom's only support. Once she was wheeled off- I was standing in the room.
Alone.
It felt like a movie.

Baby stayed in NICU a couple days and was released only a couple days after mom. She's doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment