Friday, May 28, 2010

my fourth birth.

Welcomed doula baby boy Liam -9lb 4oz on 5/28/10!

This mom was a warrior for sure.

After becoming exhausted with contractions that weren't letting her progress-- she opted to get an epidural to rest for a bit. Within the half hour waiting for the anesthetist- she progressed from a 7-9.5cm. She still got the epidural and was able to rest for over an hr. She pushed for about 3hrs. Good thing she rested. She- and her husband- were awesome to work with. I'm so lucky.

Mom wrote this to me:
"Hiring a doula (especially you guys- Doulas of CNY) was the best idea for our birth. You gave us so much support and made such a great atmosphere for my husband and I. You made me feel unashamed of the things that seem like they could be embarrassing and comforted me through this most difficult but wonderful experience. You personally Holly were so prepared, had things we didn't even think of, were so comforting and understanding, had such a pleasant and positive presence. You were great, and I so appreciate your help. You also helped me to feel proud of my birth and birth choices even though it didn't go how we were originally hoping. I'm really glad we got to meet you and have you there for our birth!!"

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment