Monday, March 8, 2010

workshop/training

After 2 long days, I am now a DONA trained doula! Woohoo!
Training was exactly what I expected. I'm so excited to become a doula and hope I can live up to the expectations I have for myself.

I met some great girls there. We were all so different, but the common bond of womanhood/childbirth brought us all together. It was great.
^ This is where we were trained. :)

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. When we were introducing ourselves we had to take a slip of paper that was face down, and read it to the group. This is what mine said:

"May your flight be empowering and affirming.
When you start to hear yourself say
'I cannot do this any longer'
Know that the time of birth is very near
And know that your baby will soon be in your arms.

Know that the strength
Of eons of foremothers
Flow through your veins
And you CAN do it."

Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment